BEACH ATTENDANT: Sea Crest
Sea Crest is our busiest inclusive beach and its waterfront is the smallest. This means that the setup is tighter than our other beaches and there is a high level of customer interaction.
The north boundary is easy. We share a boundary with House of the Sun. Their attendant starts earlier than we do so most days you can follow their lead.
The south boundary is shared with TEN35. Set the south boundary line by lining up the white 4×4 post on the southwest corner of the awning over the grills with the north wall of the beach house. The dune is completely on TEN35’s property.
Note that the property is wedge shaped. The front row is small.
WHO WE SERVE:
We provide beach service for 3 different populations.
- Sea Crest
- Beach Access Group:
A. 6620 Midnight Pass (ERA REALTY)
C. 1137 Sun & Sea Drive (Cottages on the Key) (which includes the following units)
a. Casita Sol
b. Casita Mar
3. No one else is permitted on Sea Crest’s beach.
UNIQUE WRINKLES: SOME THINGS ARE ONLY FOR SEA CREST GUESTS
- The Blue Lounge Chairs. The blue lounge chairs stored on the beach are for use by Sea Crest guests that opt-out of beach service. They can use them under/near the pavilion. During turtle season, it is our responsibility unlock these loungers at the beginning of our shift and to lock them up at the end of our shift.
- The Sea Crest Gate. Only Sea Crest guests can use the Sea Crest gate. Do not let people from Calini or the beach access group in through the gate.
- Normal hours 9:15 to 4:00, weather permitting.
- Each unit is entitled to two chairs and one umbrella, weather permitting.
- Sets cannot be reserved. Unattended gear may be reissued to other guests.
- Personal gear is not permitted in the beach service area. If guests have their own gear, your response depends on where the guest is staying.
A. If they are staying with Calini or the beach access group, say “Great! The area for personal gear is in front of the flags.”
C. If they are staying at Sea Crest, say “if you want to opt out of beach service, you’re welcome to put your own stuff up back toward the pavilion.”
WHat bathroom to use:
You may use the bathroom in the laundryroom. This is a shared bathroom. If you make a mess, clean it up.
WHat TO GRAB FROM THE LOCKER BEHIND THE SHOP:
- Camo green lanyard
Set up at least 8 chairs (4 sets)
Set up the beach attendant station on Sea Crest’s property closer to the water than the dune on Ten35’s property. People from Calini and the beach access group enter the beach through the private access for Sarasota By the Sea Association, which is next to TEN35. It is important that the beach attendant station is visible to them.
POLICIES TO ENFORCE:
- Beach chair rentals are nonrefundable.
- Weather permitting, lounge chairs, umbrellas, paddle sport gear will be available for rent between 9:15am and 4:00pm. The beach attendant must have all the equipment stored and secured by 5:00pm.
- Chairs will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis on the day of the rental booking.
- No tents or personal chairs or umbrellas are permitted within our flagged private beach service area. You are welcome to take your own gear south or seaward of the flagged beach service area.
- Umbrellas are for sun, not rain or wind. Lower them if there is a risk the umbrellas will be dislodged.
- The chairs must remain in the checkerboard pattern. Do not let guests move the chairs.
- No smoking on the beach.
- Music must be kept at a volume that it cannot be heard by other beachgoers.
- No pets are allowed on the beach. Service dogs, with a service animal badge, are welcome. Please clean up after your service dog.
- No glass of any kind is allowed on the beach.
- Do not feed seagulls or other wildlife.
- Guests should pick up their own trash and fill in holes they make.
- Do not disturb sea turtles or sea turtle nests.
WHEN CAN YOU START TO CLOSE DOWN:
- Guest have use of the gear from 9:15 to 4:00
- 3:30: Unused stuff can be stored.
- 4:00: Beach Service Ends. Tell guests it is time for the beach day to end.
- 5:00: Finished securing gear
Sea Crest Specific Videos:
These videos will help you with things you’ll encounter at Sea Crest (COMING SOON).
INSERT SEA CREST VIDEO
INSERT SEA CREST VIDEO
*We do not deliver e-bikes, scooters or scooter cars.